22.10.09

Draft concept model

I have started to think about concept models and development work and final artifacts for the final presentation in December... it is a scary thought to think we only have 6 weeks left of this term!

So, I have been thinking about the layers in the city, how one building, mass or object can reveal many aspects, stories and histories that have evolved there over time. This combined with my thoughts of how you can be in emptiness despite being surrounded by large built forms has lead me to develop my first concept model that is a closed, compact, opaque box, a solid at first glance. We see that, with a little exploration, the layers within the box are revealed and taken out leaving a hollow box, an empty shell. Whilst this concept model works as an initial step, I need to refine my ideas a little more.... so I had better get to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment